Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Chocolate chip cookie "dough" cupcakes!

Hi all! 

I am very happy to say that I'm done my first NICU course and feel confident with the final exam. Though I will be shortly starting my second and final NICU course, I will try to keep posting a little bit more often than I have. Anyway, just wanted to share a dangerously sweet treat I made, Chocolate chip cookie "dough" cupcakes. I followed the cupcake and filling recipe from TidyMom here. They turned out to be almost too sweet for my taste, but it definitely helps me eat just one - not joking!

So, I know I'm no pro photographer, but I used our Canon Rebel xsi so the pictures would be a bit nicer than taken with my iPhone (and apparently you can find out where people have taken pictures on their iPhones when they upload onto the internet... scary!).



 And this! This is the center, which at first glance probably looks like it just has more icing in the middle. But, nope! Sorry, this is the chocolate chip cookie "dough" surprise and then topped with icing. I seriously recommend having one of these with a glass of milk even though I am lactose intolerant, I was craving one!


I also changed the icing recipe a bit. I was going to follow TidyMom's recipe to the "t", but then I thought that as I was adding the icing sugar that the flour would have made it too dough-y. I think I was right as you can hardly tell the difference between the icing and cookie middle as is. It's nice to have a different tasting center. This is what my icing recipe ended up being:


  • 3 sticks unsalted butter, at room temperature (haha oops, I ran out of unsalted and used salt... maybe this is why I was craving something to drink!)
  • ¾ cup light brown sugar, packed (I used dark)
  • 3½ cups confectioners’ sugar
  • 1 cup all-purpose flour I didn't feel the need to use this at all as the texture was perfect with just icing sugar
  • ¾ tsp. salt since I had used salted butter I figured it would salvage it somewhat leaving out the salt
  • 3 tbsp. milk
  • 2½ tsp. vanilla extract
Anyway, hope you enjoy. Let me know if you make these as they are a treat for any cookie lover :)

Cheers,
Karlily

No comments:

Post a Comment