Saturday, May 14, 2011

What can you find behind a baby's ear?

Today, I went with the Little Bean to a coworkers baby shower. When we got there, LB was holding on pretty tight and so basically wanted to just be held in my arms. LB turned her head to look around at the other guests which put me at such an angle that suddenly noticed that there was what looked like crusty, dried blood mixed with somewhat fresh blood behind her ear. *momentary freak out*

My heart starts racing and I am only focused on finding the source of where my baby could have bled so much from. So, I'm looking and looking and when I touch it I quickly realized it was a dried up blueberry that LB had somehow managed to get smushed up behind her ear.

Near disaster averted. Just call me super mom ;)

1 comment:

  1. Awww, what a sneaky LB!

    I remember there was a time when Naima had dried up strawberry on her head ... needless to say, it was embarassing being told at the ER that it was just a fruit.

    ReplyDelete